This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Vrtra {Can I have it?)

Bit of a silly idea, but if anyone could mod a wyvern to have Vrtra's colour scheme, they would have my eternal gratitude.

Re: Baby Vrtra {Can I have it?)

That isnt so hard.. Im sure someone could do that. But I doubt you could make the head of the wyvern, and its wings the same as Vrtra ones.. I mean the shape. But that would own! Tried changing Vrtra Dat file with normal Wyvern one?
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Yes. The size is a little distracting

And I don't want the shape changed, just the texture.

Comment

I could probably do it - or at least recolor it. Just right now focusing on two elvaan female projects.

Comment

Sorry, I've lurked here a while, but this is my first time posting.

I thought I'd try my hand at this, but the result might be too dark--I'll let you decide. If someone else wants to try or if you want me to try and tweak it some, that's cool.
          Attached Files

Comment

I like it. Very close to what I'm looking for. The colour seems fine in the caps. I'm gonna switch the file in to see how it looks in game. The only thing I will say though is, the devil is in the details.

The only things I'd consider missing are the blackish legs with the purple veins and the red eyes.

EDIT: Having now seen it in game, I do like it a lot. If anything I'd say the colouring might be too light. Sadly I can't seem to find Vrtra's dat (the modelviewer always displays Jorgamungand instead for some reason) and so the only pic I have to compare against is this one.

Might have to have a field trip to KRT tomorrow for a "real" comparison.
            Last edited by Rasen; 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hmm, the model viewer version I was looking at was a bit off (probably Jormungand on mine too). But I'll see if I can't darken him up a bit and add some of those purple veins and stuff.

Comment

If you were going by the MV then yes you were looking at Jorgy which also explains the beige belly. I'm 99% certain Vrtra's is grey.

And your model is a great looking baby Jorgy thinking about it. Once I find the proper Vrtra dat location (or if anyone else knows it) I'll post it so you can have a look.

Comment

If anyone could get me a good clear screenshot of Vrtra or two, that'd be great. I want to make sure I'm okay on the colors.

Sorry about the mix-up.

Comment

Found him!

To get him in your modelviewer, his real file is at ROM - 146 - 70.dat Swap that with something else temporarily.
                    Some screencaps (Left as links cos they're a bit big)
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rasenx/v5.jpg
                    Regular view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rasenx/v4.jpg
                    Top view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rasenx/v3.jpg
                    Underside (NOTE: the wings don't like being zoomed, they don't really have that crazy pattern)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rasenx/v2.jpg
                    Wing underside close-up (slightly glitchy toward the bottom still)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rasenx/v1.jpg
                    Face close-up

And there's no need to apologise. It's good of you to take the time to do this, I appreciate it. Plus it's not your fault he's mislisted in the MV XD

Comment

Okay, I'll try and work on him some tonight. (Have class all day today *grumble*)

Comment

Okay, worked on it some . A few notes:

- I tried to make the spines gray on bottom/purple on top. If it doesn't look quite right let me know.
                        - I also took a little artistic liberty in making the areas normally yellow on a wyvern the brighter purple, and adding a few brighter purple outlines around other splotches. I tried to get some in on the few scale areas/veins there are, but the little guy just doesn't have as much veining as Vrtra I'm afraid.
                        - I haven't had a chance to look at it in game yet, but I've posted a few modelviewer screenshots.

Again if something looks downright off let me know and I'll see what I can do.
                        Attached Files

Comment

good work ^^

Comment

Wow that's segsi. Great job :D
                            Kailo(Elvaan):[75DRK], [37THF], 37WAR, 37SAM, 37RDM, 37NIN
                            Current Mission
                            â—‹San d'Oria [M8-2] - Lightbringer
                            â—‹Zilart [ZM14] - Ark Angels
                            â—‹Promathia [PM4-2] - The Savage
                            -----------------------------------------
                            "Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!" (°~°; )

Comment

Spot on. Good job!

It looks great in-game too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X